Ski Mount Washington
Mt. Washington Alpine Resort
Vancouver Island's Mount Washington is the spectacular home of Canada's deepest snowpack. Visitors are treated to panoramic alpine to ocean views and the dramatic backdrop of nearby Strathcona Provincial Park. Year-round adventure awaits with both alpine and nordic skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing and snowshoeing in winter. Summer months offer scenic hikes and chairlift rides in addition to festivals and events.
- Winter season: early December to mid April
- Average snowfall: 1150 cm (38 ft)
- Licensed child-care and Mtn Kids programs
- Food and beverage services: Eagle Xpresso Bar (located in the lobby of Deer Lodge) Alpine Cafe, Fat Teddy's Bar & Grill, Fresh, Beaver Tails, and Raven Cafe
- Altitude Sport: located in the Alpine Lodge complete with ski, snowboard and winter clothing, accessories.
- The General Store: groceries, liquor & video rentals
- MTN TEK Demo Centre: high performance rentals and sales, gear check, repairs, boot fitting
- Due to occasional large snowfalls, all vechiles must carry chains when the highway warning signs indicates that chains are required
- Summer activities include daily scenic chairlift rides and hiking.
- Summit: 1588 m (5215 ft)
- Alpine Lodge Elevation: 1175 m (3855 ft)
- Vertical Rise: Frontside: 505 m (1657 ft); Backside: 362 m (1187 ft)
- Raven Lodge Elevation: 1105 m (3625 ft)
- Over 80 Alpine runs: 14% Beginner, 35% Intermediate, 36% Advanced, 15% Expert
- Easier (Green), 25% of marked runs
- Intermediate (Blue), 40% of marked runs
- Expert (Black), 35% of marked runs
- Total of 50+ marked runs and acres of glades
- Night Skiing in Green Acres
- Longest run Linton's Loop @ 1.9 km
- Combined trail length 35 kms
- Acreage: over 1700 acres
- Boomerang Quad, Hawk 6 Pack, Eagle Quad, Sunrise Quad, Whiskey Jack, Upper Carpet, Middle Carpet, Lower Carpet, Training Carpet, Tube Park Lift
- Capacity: 13,000 riders per hour
All Natural Terrain Park & Half Pipe
- All natural snowboard park and halfpipe accessed off the Whiskey Jack Chair and Eagle Quad.
- Maintained by a professional trail crew
- Open to everyone (skiers & snowboarders)
- Natural hits made from mother nature's ingredients
- Consists of volcanoes, gap jumps, table tops, 1/4 pipes and a 1/2 pipe
- Snow Tubing Park: Located beside the Alpine Lodge
- Cross Country trails: 55 km of track set trails partially located in Strathcona Provincial Park.
- Raven Lodge features a sports shop, food services, rentals, waxing area, locker rooms with showers and a sauna
- 55 km of track-set and skating trails of varying skill levels
- Groomed and patrolled regularly
- Lift service to Upper West Meadows by the Hawk 6 Pack
- 20 km of Snowshoe trails to choose from with gentle or rolling hills to climb
- 300 m Natural Luge track
- Certified Biathlon range
- New staging area and beginner terrain
- Ozone Snow tubing Park
- Lift serviced Tube Park
- Lights for night tubing
- Snow School: Beginner to Advanced Ski, Snowboard, Cross Country, Telemark &
- Snowshoeing lesson programs.